Thursday, April 14, 2016

"Stronghold"

“I suddenly realize that at this minute I am happy” (38).

    Meredith has had an extremely difficult time in the past months. She feels as though she has

completely lost her childhood and her family. She, no longer, is accepted anywhere and she has to lie

about her pregnancy. She has no true confidants and no one she can fully trust. Meredith has had

happiness ripped away from her, until this moment. She finally is allowed a slither of happiness. To

finally feel like her old self, when she was accepted by all and a "good" girl. She is lucky enough that

she has found an action that calm her and reminds her of the life she deserves. Through all she has gone through, she can still smile.

    I can relate Meredith in this situation. I have my one spot where I know I am truly happy. She has

found her release of all her pain and aguish. She is not completely free from her negative thoughts

and feelings, but she was finally able to take one step forward away from them.

2 comments:

  1. It is surprising to you what makes her happy? Why do you think she is able to find happiness in this moment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprising to me, I did not expect her to find happiness or comfort so soon. She is able to find happiness in this moment because of the simplicity. She able to be herself and remember that she is still a childhood.

      Delete